My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing 11

LibraryThing was interesting.  Actually, I kind of found it relaxing to add a bunch of my books to my collection.  I ended up adding 38 books tonight, which is quite a few, but is only scratching the surface of my books.  It was a little slow at points, and because I'm anal, I took more time than I really needed to make sure I had the correct version of the book uploaded (especially with my Jane Austen's).  I plan on adding more of my books when I get another free minute . . . and I'll probably add them as I buy them!  I wonder if they have a way of listing e-books?  Not that I need that, yet - but I do see an IPad in my future . . . might be way in the future, but I still see it!

I ended up joining one group called Children's Literature.  I think this will be a good forum to ask questions about different books, get recommendations for good reads, come up with literary comparisons, maybe even get inspired or pick up something that sparks an idea for a lesson.

2 comments:

  1. I looked, and somehow missed the Children's Literature group in Library Thing so I was glad to see you had found it. Then I noticed and looked briefly at the thread asking if anyone had a children's lit blog. I can't wait to spend more time looking at those blogs to see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you were able to find it, too! Seems like they offer a lot of good resources and a great place for discussing Children's Lit.

    ReplyDelete