My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thing 6

Mashups are a lot of fun!  I played around with Flickr Color Pickr and had fun seeing how many things I could find that were naturally that color vs. how many were photoshopped to be that color.  Then I spent way too long goofing around on Big Huge Labs site.  I made a calendar, tried to make a motivational poster, but don’t really like the saying I chose, thought about making an ID badge, made a mosaic of my mad face-painting skills, and made a trading card!  I could see students having a lot of fun doing this.  They could make trading cards for their favorite character from a book or for the book themselves.  I also think it would be a fun “introduction” assignment!  The students could make one of themselves and print off enough for each of their classmates so they each had a “class” collection.  It could even be turned into a game.  Students could create the cards with a picture that represented themselves from Flickr’s Creative Commons collections, use an alias instead of their real name, and their classmates would have to guess whose card was whose.  I think it would be fun to have the students make motivational reading posters, too!  They could make them about a specific genre or just reading in general and then the librarian could post them in the library or possibly throughout the school.  As for me, right now I plan on just using these mashups for tomfoolery and shenanigans. 

My mad face-painting mosaic! :-)


Motivationally speaking:


And my very own trading card! (limited edition):

No comments:

Post a Comment