My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing 9

The easiest “search” tool was the Google blog search, although it returned way too many results for my taste.  I’m honestly more of a browser, in which case the Edublog award winners were best for educational topics.  Topix.net also provides too many hits for my taste, and it seemed to repeat news stories in the hits.  I suppose this is because stories are mass published, appearing on multiple news sites.  I got way to carried away using Google blog search and browsing through Edublog – I think I spent a few hours just browsing and reading.  I literally had to stop and remind myself that I was supposed to be checking out the search tools!

I did notice that there were quite a few different RSS readers out there.  I didn’t check them out, though.  I just used Google Reader.  I also noticed that you could “follow” blogs (if you had a like-hosted account – ie. Blogger) and that Blogger added them to your dashboard.  Any new posts are shown there.  I still added them to my Google reader, though.  I’d rather have everything in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment